Friday, April 4, 2014

DIY Botanical Art on the Cheap


I am currently a big fan of "Country Living" magazine.  I have never thought of my design style as "country", in the gingham curtains sense, but I do love the vintage and classic country designs showcased in this magazine every month.  The April 2014 issue has a great tutorial and link to a free image download for botanical prints.  The tutorial instructs you how to take the botanical prints and decoupage them on to some glass trays.  I didn't have the patience or desire to decoupage, so I just:

  • downloaded the images
  • printed them at "Fedex Copy"
  • and put them in clearance frames found at "Michael's"
I found the two 8x10 "rope" detailed frames for just $6/each.  The "bead" detailed frames were $24/each, but on a buy one get one free sale.  With an extra 20% off coupon, my total cost for frames was just $35 and the print cost for the images was only $3.  My total investment is just $38.  I put these botanical prints on a blank wall in my dining room that was crying for attention.




Here is the link to the "Country Living" site where you can download these botanical images, click here .  If you use these images, I would love to see how it turns out.  Feel free to leave a link to your project in my comments section below.


-Laura-

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to bring the outdoors "in"! We're looking into some leafy art for a few frames in our house too :)

    ReplyDelete