Thursday, March 27, 2014

Homemade Toys!




My little boys have such active imaginations these days.  It doesn't take much to get them started down the road of make believe.  This in mind, I thought I would try my hand at some homemade toys. Above is a campfire set I made out of felt.  I was inspired by this beautiful set from "The Land of Nod"; click here to see it.


I just free handed the design of the flames and stones.  For the logs, I rolled up one sheet of felt and then sewed the ends together.  I used "fiber fill" to stuff all the items.

Materials Breakdown
Felt Squares-$2
Fiber Fill-$4
Fun Creating-Priceless

Total Cost:  $6

My boys love to play in this tent we have set up in the basement, and now they have the campfire to go with it. I plan to add some sticks with marshmallows and hot dogs when time allows.

I will be back with more homemade toys I have been working on in upcoming posts.

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment