Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Cat in the Hat", Simple Summer-weight Blanket


Here is a project in honor of the recent birthday (March 2nd) of Dr. Seuss.  This summer weight blanket has been on my "to-do" list for a long time.  I bought this "Cat-in-the-Hat" panel almost a year and a half ago.  I always knew I would turn it into a blanket, but I finally got to it a couple of days ago.  My youngest son loves to sleep with blankets.  With warm weather on the horizon, I thought is would be good to make a light weight blanket for him.

Here are the details:

1.  "Cat in the Hat" flannel panel, found at my local "Bernina In-Stitches" store
2.  " Letter Block" cotton fabric, found at "Hancock" fabric store
3.  "Yellow Diamond" flannel, found at "Hancock" fabric store

Just some straight seam stitching and this blanket is now on my "done" list.  


Now we all know a little about that, Cat in the Hat blanket!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment