Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ahoy, It's a Pirate Party!




Yesterday we celebrated my oldest son's 4th birthday with a pirate themed party. Above is a cake I made from a "Duncan Hines" mix and pre-made white fondant by "Wilton".  I colored the fondant with "Wilton's" gel food coloring to create some red stripes, an ocean, and small island.  My husband put together the "sails" with some white paper and chop sticks.  I then added the base of "sand" by sprinkling some brown sugar around the cake plate.  Last but not least, I added some "Jake and the Neverland Pirate" figurines to finish off the design.

Just in case there wouldn't be enough sugary indulgence, I also ordered a "cupcake cake" from "Sam's Club".  I have found that sometimes kids just like their own cupcake at a party.  As they have in the past, "Sam's" came through with some great looking and tasting cupcakes.  This year I got a "Jake and the Neverland Pirate" edible screen print design.


I found some neat pirate favors treasures and decorations at "Hobby Lobby". 


 Pirate Necessities:  Treasure Maps, Mini-Swords , Gold Coins, Eye Patches, Hats, and Pirate Booty

I am by no means a professional cake decorator, but I do have a lot of fun giving it a try.  Here is a little recap of the past birthday cakes I have made for my boys!





 
Wishing everyone a "yo-ho" day!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment