Thursday, February 27, 2014

Arrrrrr Matey (A DIY picture for my son's room)




Both of my boys love anything to do with pirates and ships.  This love is in large part due to the "Disney" cartoon "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".  I put together this simple and cheap "Pirate Ship" art with the following:

  1. A clearance frame from "Michael's" $8
  2. Scrapbook paper from "Hobby Lobby" $1.50 for 3 sheets
  3. A free pirate ship silhouette image from "Google Images"
All I did was Google "Pirate Ship Silhouettes".  I then printed my favorite pick  on regular printer paper and got busy with the scissors.  I  traced the cut out to the back of my red chevron scrapbook paper, then cut out the tracing.  I pasted the ship silhouette to the blue linen paper and then taped that sheet to the light blue paper.  Voila, simple and easy art for my little matey.




In keeping with the nautical theme of this post, check out this before/after ad from "FLOR" carpet tiles.


Link in image is not active, see site link below

What a transformation and great child's room.  I am a big fan of the design possibilities that you can create with these carpet tiles.  If you want more information about "FLOR" check out their site here.


-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment