Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Unexpected Find

It's always nice to be surprised with an unexpected find.  On a recent trip to "Walmart" I spotted some new materials on display in the fabric department.  Below is a navy blue print I picked up and made into an envelope pillow cover.  This fabric was less than $4/yd. This print is also available in a variety of background colors including a nice red and turquoise.


Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Good Snow

As long as you have heat and supplies, nothing beats a good winter snow.  Here are some pictures I took out back today.

 Warm Wishes


Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day 2015

Marshmallow Pops

Wishing everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Here are some ideas from this blog's archives for last minute, easy to make, treats for your sweeties that love sweets.

Protein Energy Bites

Healthy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Bars

 Just click the caption links below the pictures for the "how-to" details.


Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Feeling the Love

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  This year I wanted to make a wreath to get in the spirit.  This was an easy no cost project for me.  I just reworked a Christmas wreath I made last year.  I took out the green rosettes from last year's wreath and added in some more creams and pinks. 

 Last year's Christmas wreath is now this year's Valentine's Day wreath.

Best Wishes!


Saturday, December 13, 2014

Festive Pillow Covers

I came across some festive Christmas fabric I bought last year. I thought it would be fun to use it to make envelope pillow covers for the sofa.  Envelope pillow covers are great because they are easy to make and easy to change out.  Here is a link to the "You Tube" video that taught how to make a simple envelope cover.

Here are some of the other envelope pillow covers I have made:

These covers are easy for even a beginning sewer to make.  This is a great way to change out one's decor without breaking the bank.


Saturday, December 6, 2014

Decking Out the Front Door

Always being a fan of thrift, I managed to bring some holiday spirit to the front door/porch this year for just $8.  As a start, I picked up a 15' fresh pine garland at the "Home Depot" on black Friday for just $5 and some "fox" wrapping paper at "IKEA" for $3. Everything else was gathered or reused: the wagon is from childhood, the pine cones were picked up at my parents house, and I made the felt rosette wreath last year.

I've been busy on some other little to no cost holiday projects that I'll be sharing soon.

Merry Merry Christmas!


Tuesday, October 28, 2014

We Have A New House

Well my little boys couldn't be more excited that we have a new house....a tree house that is.  My husband recently reworked a small deck off the back of our garage.  Rather than dispose of the old wood from this deck, he used it to build our boys a tree house in the back yard.  The tree house is simple in design (more old school than mini McMansion).  The boys couldn't be happier with their new digs for play.

On trips to playgrounds my boys love to pretend to take "food orders" at the  play house windows. Now they have their own window ledge where they can take/place orders. My husband and I have lots of ideas to accessorize the tree house, i.e. tarp, bucket/pulley, pennant, etc.  I don't know who is having more fun, the boys or their parents.  I will be back with new posts to update as things shape up. Meanwhile I have a new favorite place to read, relax, and watch the boys enjoy the tree house.